Tuesday 15 January 2019

Sharon's Week 2: In Restless Dreams I Walked Alone

peaceful

I'm late because I have had a busy few days.  My sister just asked me if I'd given up already so I thought I'd better get this done tonight.  I'm not yet 100% back into photography mode but I am moving in the right direction.  I actually took Minerva snowshoeing this past weekend!  Some of the photos are from that day and others are from my phone during a different snowshoe adventure.

The thing that kept coming to my mind for this topic last week was snow.   Now, wait a minute, let me explain.  I find the cold, quiet mornings peaceful.  I find the snowshoeing and hiking trails where I rarely see anyone else and only hear my footsteps and the occasional bird peaceful.  I find a crazy winter storm that dumps 34 cm of snow with drifts twice that high in my driveway peaceful (as long as I am inside looking out).  The grey shadows on the white snow and a sunny blue sky with not a cloud to be seen give me a sense of peace.  

Don't get me wrong, I can complain about the weather with the best of them (I will confess to some bad language going though my head while shovelling after that "peaceful" storm) but when I have the time, the choice about what to do and the proper clothing, I love winter. 

So apart from one photo of a peacefully sleeping cat, the rest of the photos are just what I described above...peaceful snow scenes.







This cat is Eclipse.  She was happy to see the bright sun too.

1 comment:

  1. The snow ones are so pretty and I love the blue of the sky. Great week!

    ReplyDelete