Monday 21 January 2019

Pam's Week Three: What is it? It's It...

I will admit; it took me a while to come up with a song lyric for last week's topic.  My brain is full of song lyrics, so much so that there is little room for anything else.  Could I summon forth a song for the topic, "Abstract/What is it?" thought?  Not at first.  Thanks to my good friend, Google, I recalled "Epic" by Faith No More and the perfect title was found!

I suppose now you might be expecting some genius insights or something though and you might just be let down.  My apologies.  I did learn that today is called, "Blue Monday" and is apparently the most depressing day of the year.  I figure that might explain my misery and grumpiness today, even though I previously attributed that to fatigue and extreme cold.  You see, the temperature today was -39 degrees Celsius with the windchill, which is the equivalent of -38.2 degrees Fahrenheit for my American friends.  That's just not even a funny joke.  I was freezing cold all day.  The fact that I actually had to stop and put gas in my car on my way to work as the gas light was on and it was telling me that I had only 11 km until empty and I certainly did not want to run out of gas today likely did not help in the least.  To then arrive at work and have my office mate turn on a fan was just the last straw!  I think I might bring a space heater in tomorrow to have at my desk. 

Anyways, on with the show.... 

This may not be particularly abstract and I'm sure you can guess what it is, but I thought it was so pretty and I was so excited to see blue sky....frost on my windshield....

This one didn't quite turn out as I'd hoped but the muffins were certainly as delicious as ever (even if they are healthy and chock full of goodies my kids refuse to eat otherwise, like spinach, avocado, zucchini, applesauce...)


My kids were in a swim meet in Harbor Springs, Michigan this past weekend so I saw lots and lots of this....


I don't expect anyone to recognize this.  It's the dress on a puppet I bought in Myanmar.  I have always thought it was gorgeous.


Can anyone guess what this one is?  If you guessed an icicle hanging off my roof with a bare tree and a setting sun in the background, you would be right!


I kind of like how the light reflects off the crystals in this one.  This is the chandelier in our dining room.


Now to find some inspiration for this week's topic.  I believe it was one of the ones I found but I have no idea how to go about creating it....Ooopsie.....Here's hoping it warms up!

1 comment:

  1. Awesome! I think the splashing is my favourite . Yeah, about this week...it’s all on you!

    ReplyDelete