Saturday 5 January 2019

Pam's Week One: It's the Start of Another New Year

So, here we are, back at it again.  Sharon asked me to join her in another year of photography.  I figured, why not?  Challenging my creative juices can't be a bad thing.  I was excited to sit with her over a cup of tea to select topics.  Now that the year has started, however, I am feeling rather intimidated again.....but I am determined to finish the year!  If this is week one, there are only 52 more posts to go!

This week's topic was "New/beginnings".  It sounds easy enough.  It's a new year, a new month, new resolutions, but how to capture any of them?

The obvious is where I will begin... I am quite happy to spend New Year's Eve at home in my pj's but my husband loves to go out.  He decided we should book a staycation at a local hotel that included tickets to the party at the Pub.  We took the kids with us, spent time in the pool and had dinner together before my husband and I headed to the party.   This is our first selfie of the new year.


An old friend of my brother's was in town over the holidays with his son and girlfriend.  Our kids have really hit it off in the past so when we were invited over to his mom's house for a sushi-making lesson, Duncan and I were excited to attend and learn a 'new' skill.  And I was so proud of Duncan (and myself really) for gathering the courage to try the raw tuna and salmon and actually enjoy it!





Finally, today while my husband was prepping food for his birthday party, my parents and I took the kids and dog snowshoeing.  This wasn't a new thing per se, but we actually let the dog go off-leash which is a 'new' experience for her.  I would say she enjoyed it.







No comments:

Post a Comment